Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna pattern

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Tamas Szabo <sza2king@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I made a loop antenna (for ZigBee too), same problem. I ignore DRC.
>
> There was a thread about it, maybe a year ago or more, without any good
> solution.

I've had similar problems when making low value resistors out of
copper tracks and when making SPDT solder jumpers with one side closed
by default in copper.
The PCB codebase currently has no concept that two nets can be
"joined" by copper and yet still be separate nets.  Significant
architectural changes would need to be made to support this concept.
Such changes would be useful, but would need careful thought in these areas:
* how PCB defines two nets to be connected
* introduction of the concept of non-connecting copper
* changes to file formats to support non-connecting copper
* what classes of non conducting copper ? RF delay copper / resistive
copper / other ?
* how to display non-connecting copper ?
* how should DRC handle non-connecting copper ?
* how should the "find" command handle non-connecting copper ?

Stephen