Re: gEDA-user: gEDA flow for chip design?

Hello Florian,
I wish I could say that I could help, but instead I'd like to say "I
too am interested in learning what's involved in using gEDA for chip
design."

I'm not even sure where to begin, other than to share the few things
I've thought about so far (however naive or clueless those thoughts
may be).

In no particular order...
I think it would be nice if I could open up existing Cadence designs
(Open Access versions) in gschem.  To that end, I have signed a
license agreement with Si2 to gain access to the OA documentation and
API and have gotten shell shocked by the fact that the OA tutorial is
over 1000 pages long.  I'm not sure if I've bitten off more than I can
chew or not.

I think it would be nice if I could run some transistor level chip
sims with gnucap.  Being a digital guy, I have absolutely no idea
what's involved in doing that, except to assume that there are other
folks (folks at Analog Rails come to mind) who must know more about
this than I ever will.

I have no idea where to start on the backend -- generating a layout.

--wpd