[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: gEDA-user: .sch primitive ordering [was: Collaborative Development of Boards]

On Tuesday 18 January 2011 01:00:32 John Doty wrote:

> > Example: Create square with solid background. Create smaller circle
> > with hashed background, set to a different colour.  Move circle on
> > top of square. Obviously, if z-order is not preserved through save
> > and load, this will be rendered incorrectly. See attached
> > schematic.
> OK, that's a good point. But there's no easy way to control this in
> gschem. Is it a "feature", or merely accident? Should there be "pull
> forward" and "push backward" commands?

Yes, along with "to back" and "to front" commands.  These are missing 
features, just like path drawing commands.

To me, this is one of those capabilities that's totally utterly useless 
99.9% of the time, but can't-finish-drawing-without-it the other 0.1%.  
If an alternative and obviously-superior algorithm for choosing drawing 
order was suggested, it wouldn't be a big deal to me.


Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group
Surrey Space Centre

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

geda-user mailing list