Re: gEDA-user: Collaborative Development of Boards

Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 18.01.2011 um 01:56 schrieb John Griessen:
>
>> I thought about this some more after sleeping last night, and what
>> Markus
>> is probably asking for is a position range sensitive diff or auto-
>> merge.
>>
>> When people make changes in PCB that can be merged, it means they are
>> working in different places, zones, quadrants...  IOW if you could
>> say easily *where* you were working was different and not overlapping
>> another's work, an auto-merge would work -- if it only over-rode
>> layout
>> traces and footprints in the limited zone of the change made...
>
> That reminds me on an idea discussed here a few weeks ago: drop the
> current footprint logic and replace it with full fledged circuit
> layouts. You'd edit the sub-layout in it's own file and insert that
> into the total layout as a non-editable, but movable block.
>
> One possible drawback for both ideas: you can't route tracks through
> the "foreign" area/sub-layout, even if there's enough room after
> assembling the zones.

Why do you need that limitation?

> Markus

> Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter
> http://www.jump-ing.de/

Stephan BÃttcher                     FAX: +49-431-880-3968
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508
I.f.Exp.u.Angew.Physik               mailto:boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leibnizstr. 11, 24118 Kiel, Germany