Re: gEDA-user: Disposing of Etch Solution

Yes, it's very easy to make H2O2 decompose.  Activated carbon does it
very quickly, but charcoal works too.  Just don't use charcoal
briquettes imbued with lighter fluid!.  And if your sink is getting
damaged, I would guess that the problem is too much base, not too much
H2O2.  Strong bases can etch stainless steel.

And yes DJ is correct that the copper precipitate would be hazardous
waste.  When I first replied to Rob, I thought that he meant "surplus"
solution, not "used" solution.