Re: gEDA-user: cheapest pcb manufacturer that does silkscreen/soldermask

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM, yamazakir2 <yamazakir2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been using 4pcb for awhile now and even for a small board the
> cheapest option they have is $250 for an order of 5 boards (their
> minimum quantity). They have a bare bones (no silk/mask) option that I
> have been using that allows you to order 2 for $60 which is a great
> option most of the time.

I'm a student, so I use 4PCB's $33 each special at a quantity of 1
whenever I order from them.  Is this: http://www.33each.com/ what
you're using? It says $33
each, "min qty 4, Get 1 EXTRA PCB FREE!".

> I have order their silk/mask board for $250 a few times and their
> quality is superb however I'm looking for something cheaper and
> perhaps has a lower minimum (maybe 2). I'm willing to deal with a lead
> time of up to 2 weeks.
>
> Any suggestions?

My student IEEE chapter was brainstorming fundraising options,
thought about starting a panelizing service (we later decided to do
mylar stencils instead), and so I threw together the following little
text file with some links:

Seeedstudio
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/fusion-pcb-2-layer-5cm5cm-max-p-513.html?cPath=64_12
$20 for 5cm by 5cm in qty 10
$40 for 10cm by 10cm in qty 10
See also open-source version "Propaganda PCB"

Batch PCB
http://batchpcb.com/index.php/Products
$10 setup + $2.50/in^2 or $8/in^2

iTeadStudio
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=19
$12 for 5 pcs. 5x5cm

ExpressPCB
http://www.expresspcb.com/ExpressPCBHtm/Costs.htm
Requires proprietary windows-only PCB software!
Otherwise the cheapest single-board full-spec service.
$51

Dorkbot PDX
http://pcb.laen.org/
$5/in^2 for 3 copies

AdvancedCircuits - 33Each
http://www.33each.com/
http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=130
You guessed it…$33 each. Min qty applies to non-students

E-TekNet
http://www.e-teknet.com/
  $20, min qty 4

Gold Phoenix
http://www.goldphoenixpcb.biz/
$89 for 100 sq in and $99 for 155 sq in

Opencircuits list of manufacturers:
(many not in this list, I picked the ones I was familiar with)
http://www.opencircuits.com/PCB_Manufacturers

LadyAda's cost calculator
http://www.ladyada.net/library/pcb/costcalc.html

Hope that helps!