Re: gEDA-user: cheapest pcb manufacturer that does silkscreen/soldermask

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:05:27 -0800
yamazakir2 <yamazakir2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been using 4pcb for awhile now and even for a small board the
> cheapest option they have is $250 for an order of 5 boards

Olimex ( http://olimex.com/pcb/index.html , based in Bulgaria) will do one 160x100 mm double-sided panel for about $41, or 320x200 mm for about $175, plus about $11 shipping for the first 0.5kg (one 160x100 mm panel is about 0.1kg) to the US.

Gold RoHS, 8 mil trace/space, 24 mil minimum drill, 8 mil minimum annulus.

They'll let you put as many designs as will fit on either size panel, and they will cut the panel  apart for you for free as long as they can do so using only straight cuts all the way across.  They will only cut designs to even rectangles.  Additional features like silk on bottom, large numbers of holes, drills not in their standard rack, etc. are available at low cost.

Turnaround time is usually about 3-4 weeks.

Only caveat with them from my experience is they require you to fax your initial order, to keep your CC info from going over the 'net.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."