gEDA-user: PCB House Philway Products burns to ground

Heads up if anyone here uses the board house Philway:

At approximately 10:30PM on Wednesday night, Jan/19/2011
http://www.philway.com Philway Products Inc. of Ashland, Ohio
burned to the ground
http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-pictures-ashland-plant-fire-012011,0,904988.photogallery
Fortunately no one was hurt.

Philway was the oldest continually operating board house in the
US. It was also my preferred PCB vendor, sharp people and good
quality for the rugged environments I deal with.

Purportedly the owner said on a TV interview that he was not sure
if he was going to rebuild or not.  Will be a great loss if that
is the case.  Also makes me wonder even if they did want to
rebuild, would the http://www.epa.gov EPA allow it?
Ammonia, Sulfuric Acid, Nitric Acid, Formaldehyde and other
chemicals are used to make PCBs.

Philway was big in the military and Hi.Rel. Aerospace, there
could be a significant ripple effect from this event.  I've never
been a fan of "Just In Time" inventory for just this reason.
Luckily from my perspective no work of mine was in process.

Someone wondered what will happen about tooling?  Do we have to
pay for it again should they rebuild?  Obviously we will if they
don't rebuild.  Time will tell, the lives of those involved
deserve more consideration and help right now, some links from
the news:

http://www.wmfd.com/newsboard/single.asp?Story=44669 Firefighters
Battle Philway Products Fire In Ashland
http://times-gazette.com/news/article/4966992 1/19/11 Philway Products Fire
http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/4967083 1/20/11 Philway
Products Fire - morning
http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/4967340 Officials probe
cause of factory fire: Firefighters keep blaze from stored chemicals
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20110121/NEWS01/101210315/40-Philway-workers-in-limbo-after-big-blaze
Philway Products workers in limbo after fire destroys factory
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20110120/NEWS01/101200332/Ashland-factory-Philway-Products-destroyed-in-Wednesday-fire
Ashland factory, Philway Products, destroyed in Wednesday fire
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20110120/UPDATES01/110120008/Ashland-factory-fire-No-evidence-of-criminal-intent

--
http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
http://www.designer-iii.com/