gEDA-user: speed of the gschem GUI

Hi.
While working on a fairly large schematic I noticed that panning
in gschem is way less snappy than the same circuit rendered as PDF
in evince or kpdf. There is no benchmarking available. The ratio
seems like 10. While my schematic pans in gschem with 3 to 5 FPS,
it is definitely beyond 30 FPS in the PDF renderers.
Since both applications deal with lines and characters, I'd naively
expect similar performance. Or did I miss something?

Is there any hope to speed up the gschem GUI?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx