Re: gEDA-user: git based wiki

http://alexott.blogspot.com/2008/09/emacs-dokuwiki.html ;-)

> An example of IMHO *lovely* markup is reStructured Text.

Hmm. I see some issues:

* Lots of evaluation of space, indention and empty lines in the
syntax. Most markup languages avoid interpretation of white space
for a reason.

* The level of a section heading markup is determined implicitly
by the order this particular style appears in text. This allows for
interesting side effects. Remove a heading that happens to be a
first in the text and you may shift the levels of text way down
stream.

* There is no way to mark a column, or a row of a table as header.

* There is no caption to tables or images.

* There is no way to mark up formulas.

Interpreted white space can be quite unnerving. I already hate the
way mediawiki and dokuwiki treat a single space at the beginning
of a line. The other issues wouldn't bother me that much.

(snip)
> Would need a "docs coordinator" or something to assist people
> who want to help with documentation work but don't have git
> expertise.

More important: Keep nagging developers to write documentation of
both, shiny new features and long established ones.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx