Re: gEDA-user: gerber outlines

> ... you can either rename a layer ...

 ... you can either rename an unused empty layer ...

> ... that exclusively contains the objects in the outline layer.

 ... in particular, no vias and pins.

> ... the width of the lines does not matter. The fab will cut the board
> at the center of the lines.

Is this universally true?

At least our milling machine mills the outline on the outer edge of the
lines.  The guy who runs the machine says, he cannot easily tell the
programm to mill along a center line.

I prefer to keep the line width within tolerances to both sides, so if
the fab ignores my README specifying the centerline, it is no big deal.

--
Stephan