Re: gEDA-user: OT - Joystick control of stepper or servo motors

My first thought is FTDI Vinculum or something like it. I'm sure there
are competitors as Vinculum has been around for a few years. I
couldn't tell you if it is best inexpensive, but it at least looks
fairly inexpensive.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Modules/DevelopmentModules.htm#Vinculo

-Cullen