Re: gEDA-user: vpi compile mingw

Steve,

As I had mentioned here before, I was following to the letter the mingw.txt instructions; this is the first time I had ever installed any of these cygwin, gnuwin32 or mingw tools.

Anyway, I solved the problem :) Well, I believe, I found a couple of errors in the source (conditional for mingw); it seems the win build was not updated for some time -- just a guess.

There were two defines, like,
#define ftello ftell
#define fseeko fseek

but without any paramers in the .../vpi/lxt2_write.h. I am guessing that with the stricter rules of later versions of the compiler,

#define ftello ftell

is not applied when the occurance is ftello(a).

I had to change it to

#define ftello(a) ftell(a)

Also another file lxt_write.h did not have these defines at all. With these fixed, it compiled with the mingw liberty lib! and passed the make check!!

In my opinion, somebody who is knowledgeable in the win build area, needs to bring the mingw.txt uptodate with the current versions of all the tools. Steve, where should I send these and other fixes that I had to do to get the build going? The other changes I did may perhaps be avoided, if the paths are specified correctly... I have almost no prior experience with any of these tools; only about the last 8 days I spent on and off on getting this build done...

This is is the wonderful program, thanks for providing it!

Cordially,
Chacko

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:40:21 -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:

CN wrote:
| I got most of the modules built; the synthesis portion appears to be working. However
vpi fails make check. I had to supply c:/cygwin/lib/libc.a to the link step for the vpi
build to complete; otherwise I get undefined references to `fseeko' and `ftello'. I do
not know if that is the correct libc, but that is the only one I have under the cygwin,
mingw, mingw-packages, and gnuwin32 trees here.

| make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/ivl_ag/v81b/vvp'
| ./vvp -M../vpi ./examples/hello.vvp | grep 'Hello, World.'
| 3 [main] ? 4080 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve 9891792 bytes of
| space for cygwin's heap (0x61820000 <0xE30000>) in child, Win32 error 487
| c:\ivl_ag\v81b\vvp\vvp.exe (4080): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress 0x618
| 20000, m.RegionSize 0x3E0000, m.State 0x10000
|
| Sometimes, the make check will leave my cygwin environment trashed, I have to reboot!

Are you somehow mixing Cygwin and Mingw libraries in the link?
That's my best guess.

Gosh Mac's are so much easier then Windows machines:-)

--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,