Re: gEDA-user: gschem sym-creation help (newbie)

On 7/10/05, John Luciani <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My preference is to use light symbols (minimum number of attributes)
> when creating
> a symbol. If you start adding footprint attributes you will have

Well, I'm certainly no expert on this, but even in my limited use of
gschem and PCB, I have to concur.  Light symbols are where it's at.  I
find it works best to import various components I'll need *outside* of
a title block, and assign whatever attributes I need to them.  Then, I
just copy-n-paste them into the schematic whenever and whereever I
need them.  I even create multiple orientations if I need to as well,
so I can minimize my use of cryptic commands like rotation and so
forth.  Thus, in a sense, I'm creating my own palette of heavy-symbols
on a per schematic basis.

When I'm done, I remove the palette, view extents, and viola -- a
musical instrument.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II