Re: gEDA-user: PCB manufacturing

Davide Anastasia wrote:
I'm watching this site: www.custompcb.com
I've used them before and was very pleased with the results.  I sent gerber files straight out of PCB and they panelized the design for me.  From order to delivery of the boards it was just about 14 days.  They were shipped from Singapore to Canada.

They use silver plating instead of HASL so any exposed copper through the solder mask comes back looking slightly dull as compared to the really shiny tin/lead alloy that is normally applied.  On the other hand the boards are lead free and as so are more environmentally freindly....

The only problem I had with the boards was that the silkscreen came off with my solvent based flux remover.  So, use a water soluable flux and clean the flux off with water based chemistry, if you want to preserve your silkscreen artwork.

Mike

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
  http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek