Re: gEDA-user: deleting whole elements vs parts of elements

Aha.  Looking through the manual some more, under the text for
creating newlib footprints, I'd never previously realized that steps
7-9 were there.

I'm not really sure what to suggest about how to make the
documentation better.  I certainly can't find any obvious text in the
current source distribution that seems misleading.

It does seem like having to wade through all the information on
dealing with m4 in order to find the information on correctly using
the newlib style discourages the reading of that section.  Right now
all of the newlib information is in a single info node with that info
node full of oldlib information above that.  Breaking it into one node
for oldlib and another for newlib, possibly putting newlib first, and
with introductory text right there explaining that oldlib is only
especially useful if you have lots of similar parts of varying
sizes/pin counts, might help with this a bit.  Also, clearly
separating the information needed to use oldlib parts from the
information needed to define oldlib parts would be helpful (maybe it
already is separated, but if that's the case, I can't figure out that
the how-to-define-parts section doesn't tell me how to use the
already-defined parts unless I wade through the
how-to-define-new-oldlib-parts section).