Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

>> Its somewhat disappointing to see usability take a second place to
>> eye candy.
>> I suspect it wouldn't be noticeable on a faster machine but I'd
>> rather not have needless software "enhancements" dictate when I buy
>> new hardware.

The Athena versions still exists and it's still very capable.
Personally I haven't seen too much improvement in functionality with the GTK
port
however it allows for much easier development of improved features. I know I
spent a lot of time working on stupid interface things like sticky menus and
list
widgets with Athena.

One think that GTK will allow easy implementation of is OpenGL alpha
transparency in
the drawing. For those without accelerated graphics you'll hate it, but it
will be a great
improvement for those with fast hardware.

h.