Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 10:47, Robert Thorpe wrote:
> [...]
Then I would suggest that tuxracer probably also crawls at < 1 frame a
second too.  This is usually due to the xserver and the video card
being configured to the lowest common denominator settings, and DRM
and such are not available.  This can make a 100x difference in the
speeds.

to be very helpfull in readily asking the questions that will usually
get you going in just a couple of days.  I have an ATI 9200SE/128 meg
card, a 'utility' card today, but once I got all the stuff set right,
tuxracer runs at full speed, faster than these ancient (70 year old)
fingers can react.  My normal screen is 1600x1200x32 bit, on a
downright elderly NEC 5FG 17" monitor.  Sweet...

Of course all bets are off if your distribution is still using the
XFree86 drivers.  This FC2 box came with them, and when x.org
released 6.8.1, I grabbed the tarballs had this machine updated to
6.8.1 about a week later.  Home built, according to their build
instructions, and I dare say its 100x more stable than XFree86 code
has ever been.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)