Re: gEDA-user: Component selector dialog

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:56:24 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> Ack.
> gschem and pcb are about the only applications that make me press escape
> during standard operation.

No, I disagree to this. Only one example: A well known layout/schematic editor
that begins with E and ends on AGLE uses also the escape-key to *STOP* the
placement of the current part.

>> Usability-wise, "escape" should never cause something to be *created* or
>> *started*.  It's a stop button, not a start button.
>
> full ack, again.

Disagreement again. "escape" _escapes_ from the placing mode of the current
part, and gives you the possibility to choose another part. As I wrote above it
stops the current action, but only to the next "level".
I think this is a very good function, because if you want to place, you don't
want to have a dialog in your sight (At least, thats my opinion).

If you close your schematic you surely want to be asked if you want to save your
data, wont you? And this pops up a dialog too.

Greetings, Stefan