Re: gEDA-user: Specifying vdd connection in gschem?

On 7/20/07, devrin talen <jackfrost13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I only see three pins on the 74126 symbol that I'm using from gschem
> (A, EN, and Y). I have two separate instances of this symbol, and I've
> edited the attributes to make them part of the same package. Is there
> a different way I should be going about this? Or is there something
> else I need to do in addition to see the power net?

The way you are doing it will work provided that you have a "Vcc" net
and a "GND" net connected to a component. If you open up the 74126
symbol file in a text editor you will see the embedded power nets.

You need to be careful of the embedded power nets. Sometimes they
may be called "Vcc" or "Vdd" or "Vee" or ???. For systems with multiple power
supplies or multiple grounds you need to be careful.

What I like to do is group logic IC power symbols with their
associated decoupling
caps (see my example). On my website there is a utility script that
will create symbols without the embedded power connections.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org