Re: gEDA-user: How to divide large symbols in smaller units?

On Jul 22, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Steve Meier wrote:

> I tend to not use the pin sequence if the device has only one slot. A
> 7400 quad nand gate has four slots one for each gate.

Then you won't be able to use spice-sdb, and possibly other
netlisters. Netlist formats that identify connections by order in a
list of pins rather than "naming" pins (possibly with pinnumber) need
a unique pinseq for each pin on a given package (which may be
represented by multiple symbols).

That may not matter to you. It's probably impossible in general to
make every symbol meet the requirements of every design flow. Another
reason why library symbols are starting points, not the final word
for *your* design.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx