Re: gEDA-user: is gEDA a good choice for designers?

John Doty wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2007, at 7:08 AM, John Luciani wrote:

>> You do need to verify symbols and footprints against your process
>> requirements

> The good thing about the library is that even for symbols that aren't
> boxes, you rarely need to draw one from scratch. There's usually
> something similar to what you want ready to customize. And for boxes
> there are several construction tools to choose from.

One thing that would help speed and productivity is if newly edited footprints
were available to place from the PCB library window without a restart of PCB

Are we any closer to being able to do that?

Gschem does this rapid update with a new library window...leaving a complicated set
of pages open and ready to add to.    That gives speed.

John Griessen