Re: gEDA-user: Metric PCB footprints using 1mil grid

The current resolution of pcb being 0.01 mills which translates to 254
nano meters (~1/4 of a thousandth of a mm)  should meet the requirements
for printed circuit boards for some time (metric or english). And yes
being able to create/translate foot prints in metric units to pcb units
would be usefull. This doesn't have to be a built in pcb function it
could be a foot print generator capability. An argument for having it is
to reduce the errors caused by humans.

Steve Meier