gEDA-user: Metric PCB footprints using 1mil grid

As I mentioned in an earlier mail, the QFP208_28 footprint I used for
my board I later found to have 1mil spacing depsite being in the .01mil
format.  Since it's a metric footprint (0.65mm pitch) the pins vary in
both width and spacing along each row.  This isn't fatal, certainly, but
it's not ideal.

I was considering how to detect this problem automatically.  I would be
fairly easy to identify parts with 1mil accuracy which also have 'several'
pins in a row with varying pitch and/or width.  It could be done in a
script, or within PCB.

Would anyone be interested in seeing this detected automatically somehow?
I was thinking about flagging it in the element picker, but that's not
typically how elements get into a PCB.  It could also be part of the
DRC, or it could be a separate report.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>