Re: gEDA-user: How to make vias have a solder stop mask?

On 24/07/07 23:32:48, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:21:10 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>
> > http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#how_do_i_change_the_soldermask_clearance_around_a_hole_via
>
> During the edits I split the paragraph and changed the heading. The link
> should now read:
> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#how_do_i_achieve_open_vias_clear_of_soldermask

Great  work,  Kai-Martin!  I  didn't  step over these FAQs at all so far. It's
great but although I did quite a lot of reading I never found it mentioned.

What cursor is the one used for key interactions? The mouse or the cross hair?

To  me  as a newby, I found it pretty hard to make my way through all the docs
for geda, gschem and pcb. I don't have an idea how to make it better  but  I'd
say to get to a point where one starts to like gschem gsch2pcb and pcb one has
to stay with it for some time. That might be  frightening  or  depressing  new
users and potential contributors.
Perhaps an advanced tutorial would help here.

Thanks
Lynx