Re: gEDA-user: Bug in cvs pcb concerning polygons

On 24/07/07 15:11:37, joe tarantino wrote:
> On 7/24/07, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >http://www-nw.uni-regensburg.de/~.grr06742.back.physik.uni-regensburg.de/PCB/GPS_BUG.PCB
> >
> >I reproduced it.
> >
> >> If I try to draw a copper rectangle on GND-comp it either doesn't
> >> draw one at all or scrambles it in the lower left corner. Smaller
> >> areas work fine though.  When zooming it sometimes appears again but
> >> in the printout it's never right.  I get the messages :
> >
> >I've reported this before, but Harry hasn't offered a fix for it.
> >He's the only one who really knows how the clipper works.
> >
> >With sufficient zooming/scrolling, you can make pcb segfault too.
>

> I just ran into this same issue  when I was displaying a plane layer where a
> polygon covers most of the board.  When there are a lot of perforations in
> the polygon due to vias and pins I get a segfault after "sufficient"
> scrolling.

Yes,  the scrolling seems to be connected to the bug or beeing a separate one.
I also noticed that pcb get's much slower when ther errors  occure  without  a
segfault. That could be a freeing fault, causing pcb to allocate more and more
memorry of which most isn't used any more.

Lynx