Re: gEDA-user: hierarchical design and slots

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 17:44 -0800, Britton Kerin wrote:
> I have design on subsheet, containing single op amp.
>
> I tried making another symbol for the part called
> lm324--slot_2.sym, the other difference being it
> gets a slot=2 attribute instead of slot=1.
> I then created sub_design--slot_2.sch using this
> part.  Finally, I used 'source=sub_design--slot_2.sch'
> in my top level design for the second repetition of
> the module.  But pcb still gets two chip outlines
> with only the first slot of each used.
>
> This makes me think that more is required than an
> ability to override the attributes of a sub-sheet
> to get slots to work accross sub-designs.

You need the flattened refdes to be the same for all components which
are supposed to go in the same slot. (Ie. it won't work with
hierarchical naming.)

The fact that both elements in PCB get the first slot used does suggest
that the slot=2 attribute didn't take. You might try checking it is
correct in the schematic.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,