gEDA-user: hierarchical design and slots

I have design on subsheet, containing single op amp.

I tried making another symbol for the part called
lm324--slot_2.sym, the other difference being it
gets a slot=2 attribute instead of slot=1.
I then created sub_design--slot_2.sch using this
part.  Finally, I used 'source=sub_design--slot_2.sch'
in my top level design for the second repetition of
the module.  But pcb still gets two chip outlines
with only the first slot of each used.

This makes me think that more is required than an
ability to override the attributes of a sub-sheet
to get slots to work accross sub-designs.

I have checked out the source and could try to help
with this issue, given a pointer or two where to
start.

Britton