Re: gEDA-user: wishful thinking from a user point of view (5)

El mié, 04-07-2007 a las 10:09 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak escribió:
> My list of wishes and complaints still contains a load of items. If you
> don't mind, I'll go on posting them in this thread. Next one is:
>
> --------------------
> Currently, the letters of a new netname attribute touch the corresponding
> net. Please place the attribute at a decent distance (e.g. 50 units
> offset).
> --------------------

This can currently be automated. Text autoplacing is still disabled by
default, despite it can be used. Look for autoplace in system-gschemrc.
There are some rules there "teaching" gschem where the attribs should be
placed.
Basically all new added attributes can be automatically placed if you
add the following lines to your gschemrc:
(add-hook! add-attribute-hook (lambda (object)
	(autoplace-object-attributes object)) #t)

However, I tested it before posting, and it is not currently working.
The reason is that world_get_single_object_bounds is returning something
like left=100 right=120 bottom=395 top=405 for an horizontal net, when
some time ago it returned left=100 right=120 bottom=400 top=400.
Autoplacing relies on this (bottom==top) in order to guess if the net is
horizontal or vertical... so actually it currently doesn't know how to
distinguish them. Anyone knows the reason of this change?

Regards,

Carlos