gEDA-user: Mystery unrouteable rat in pcb ?

I've got a two rats that don't auto route.

The first I can understand because it would take 2 vias to make it work.
Its not trivial.

The second I don't understand.  It looks trival and yet the line stays
as a rat instead of routing.  Any ideas ?   Nothing appears in the
pcb.log window.

I've also got a warning message about a cap that is shorted to GND and
shorted to 5V.   That is what I want, right ?  Why is it giving me a
warning ?  I had to hand route that because the footprint pin
identifiers didn't match the symbol.

Thanks.