Re: gEDA-user: Questions and comments

> Comment:  My experience with earlier questions regarding the gtk vs.
> lesstif has been pretty uniformly that gEDA personnel claim to use
> lesstif and feign ignorance regarding the details regarding gtk.

Er, not quite.  The actual situation is this: There are two active
developers, me and Dan.  I use lesstif exclusively, and don't know
Gtk.  Dan's been trying to pick up the gtk work (originally written by
someone else, no less), but we really could use a good gtk person to
maintain that code.

> A few days ago I loaded lesstif and things seemed to go OK until I
> tried to load a *.pcb file, at which point the system seemed to
> hang.

Would you mind sending me that *.pcb file?  I can try it locally and
see if I can reproduce it.

> My comment is this: I find that even though your people seem to
> prefer lesstif,

Well, *I* prefer lesstif.  Most of the other developers use gtk.

> the pcb documentation seems to be geared to gtk;

Actually, it's geared towards Xaw, the OLD interface.  Gtk kept the
same layout, lesstif changed to a different one.