gEDA-user: Questions and comments

People,

First some question, later some comments.

Question:  In building footprints for FPGA's and high density
connectors, I have used via's in order to insure that a pad exists on
every layer, assuming that the router had access to these pads.  Yet I
find that the auto-router won't connect to these pads, except for the
top and bottom layers.  Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong?

Was the creator's intent that there be a single pad with pin-escape vias
to be added wherever a connect on other than top or bottom was needed?
Advice here would be appreciated.

Comment:  My experience with earlier questions regarding the gtk vs.
lesstif has been pretty uniformly that gEDA personnel claim to use
lesstif and feign ignorance regarding the details regarding gtk.  I am
running an AMD64 under Fedora 7, which installs gtk by default.  A few
days ago I loaded lesstif and things seemed to go OK until I tried to
load a *.pcb file, at which point the system seemed to hang.  No file
abort, nothing else, the screen simply hung.  I expect that I have some
sort of problem with the preceeding compilation.  Now this doesn't
concern me too much as the gtk version seems to do OK.  My comment is
this: I find that even though your people seem to prefer lesstif, the
pcb documentation seems to be geared to gtk; am I missing something here
or do we have compatibility problem?

    Harold Skank