Re: gEDA-user: pcb: no drillmap resource found.

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 13:27 -0600, armdeveloper wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 20:10 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > I'll beg to disagree re: ease of building. Sure, there are some packages
> > you need to install first, but it should be no harder than most modern
> > distros.
>
> ./configure
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0... configure: error: Cannot find gtk+ >=
> 2.4.0, install it and rerun ./configure
> Please review the following errors:
> Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>
> ubuntu Feisty has gtk-2.10 installed.
>
> > If you want any specific help with building let me know.
>
> Are you running ubuntu ?  I used Fedora forever and I agree that on that
> platform would be easy.

You need to install the development headers for quite some number of
packages, I'd expect.

In the immediate case, you want:

apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

it sounds as if you already have some built tools installed, but:

apt-get install build-essential is a helpful start.

You will probably also need:

apt-get install flex
apt-get install bison

When configure can't find a library, fire up Ubuntu's package manager (I
remember Debian, so use "aptitude", and find the lib....-dev package
which will have the headers for the library it can't find.

Hope this helps.

PS.. if you have latex installed, you can try adding
--enable-maintainer-mode to the configure arguments, and it will build
the docs.

If not, try with --disable-docs.

This assumes you're building from CVS. If building from a snapshot, you
ought not to need either - but I've never confirmed that myself.

Peter C.