Re: gEDA-user: yet another breadboard adapter

> It strikes me that you could also do this as two boards, an
> interposer that has a row of pins on 0.300 centers, and dual-row
> header socket down the middle.

I thought of this, but didn't have the sockets, so I designed it for
what I had on-hand.  Plus, I don't have the luxury of plated holes, so
I need to be able to get to both sides of the board for each pin, and
the press-fit pins give me that.  I really like those pins for use in
breadboards; they're much easier to insert and remove than 22 ga wire
(too soft) or standard headers (too big - 25mil vs 18mil).

> Then the SMT board could have a right-angle header on it.

If the board is 0.062" thick (i.e. normal, not like mine, which are
0.031") then a straight 2x24 male header should slip over the board
and solder on just like my pins did.

> This would be more expensive that what you are doing,

And take up more room.  Those headers usually have that big
(relatively ;) plastic spacer on them.