Re: gEDA-user: Regarding subsheets

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:32:44 +0200, Johannes Bauer wrote:

> created an "INPUT" symbol (I only have one pin to connect to the
> subsheet, which is this one), created a second sheet in the sheet
> manager, set the "source=" attribute on the "INPUT" symbol (yes, the
> filename is correct, case is also fine).
>
> Now when I click the "INPUT" symbol and hit "Down to schematic" (message
> may be a little different, have the German i18n and am translating),
> nothing happens. The log doesn't show any message.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Do you have more than one copy of the INPUT symbol on your hard disk?
What is the location of the second sheet?
Can you post a simplified master sheet and your INPUT symbol?

Does your gafrc allow to search the directory where the second sheet is
located? This needs to be set with a source-library statement. Three
default locations are scanned gafrc files:

1) $INSTALLDIR/share/gEDA/system-gafrc

2) $HOME/.gEDA/gafrc

3) $PWD/gafrc

I like to make sure, that only the project dir is searched for subsheet
symbols and subsheets. So I put this gafrc file in every project dir:

/-----------
; discard system settings
(reset-component-library)
(reset-source-library)

; allow to load symbols and subsheets from the current dir
(define current-working-directory (getenv "PWD"))
(component-library current-working-directory)
(source-library  current-working-directory)

; Where to collect symbols from
(define gedasymbols "/home/kmk/geda/gedasymbols/www/user/kai_martin_knaak/
symbols")
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "titleblock"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "power"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "misc"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "digital"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "connector"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "block"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "analog/diode"))
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "analog"))

Hope, this helps,

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211