Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] "Ben Mode" board photograph exporter

On Jul 8, 2008, at 2:32 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Based on Ben's GIMP work:
>
> 	http://seul.org/pipermail/geda-user/2007-July/006639.html
>
> I made the relevent changes to the png exporter to produce these
> directly, and checked them in.  Photos here:
>
> 	http://www.delorie.com/pcb/ben-mode/
>
> The shadow/highlight algorithms are designed for 9x oversampling
> (i.e. give 300 dpi then scale it down to 100dpi in gimp).  4x
> oversampling left too many "ghost edges".

   You know, I glanced at this (I was in a rush) and thought "oh, DJ
put one of his new boards on a scanner.  It looks nice."  I had no
idea what this actually was.

   Holy cow!  It looks like a photograph.  That is really, really
cool.  I can't wait to try this on my boards.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL