Re: gEDA-user: gnucap - oscillator example

al davis wrote:

> If you can make the gEDA/PCB/gnucap combination work well enough
> that 100% schematic driven gives you all the functionality of a
> command line, you have my complete support.  If you can just
> make it do beginner tasks well, without holding them back, you
> have my complete support.

What can be really useful is for the gui driven setup to have a menu
choice that says "give the the script to do what I just did".  That sort
of functionality can be a huge benefit when learning to use whatever
scripting/programming capability might be available for a simulation
environment or simulator.  Now you somewhat have the best of both
worlds.  The gui doesn't provide the only interface so you're not
limited by gui sorts of constraints but it is there to help you with
simple things and for getting you started on the more complicated things.

-Dan