Re: gEDA-user: I made a symbol for dual phototransistor optocoupler

See below

/sza2

Csányi Pál wrote:
> csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx (Csányi Pál)
> writes:
>
>> I made a symbol with djboxsym and gschem for dual phototransistor
>> optocoupler.
>>
>> What do you think about it?
>
> I made some changes on the symbol and checked it out with gsymcheck
> and get the following warning messages:
>
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
> Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
>
> Warning: Did not find numslots= attribute, not checking slotting
> 9 warnings found
> No errors found
> ---------------------<
>
> What pin type should I give to the
>
> pins: 1,4 ?
>
> pins: 2,3 ?
>
> pins: 8,5 ?
>
> pins: 7,6 ?

I think you can set all pins to "pas" as passive

> Where can I learn about pin types?
You can check tragesym (a Python script to automate larger .sym creation
and part of gEDA, so you should have it) it contains lot of info,
however you have to extract it from source. Maybe you can find info on
wiki also.

Anyway I never used other than pas (for analog things), pwr (if the
symbol has power type pin), in, out and io.

> Where can I find a manual about symbol file structure?
wiki?