Re: gEDA-user: A little tribute...

Hi Werner,

Werner Hoch schrieb:
> On Sonntag, 13. Juli 2008, Johannes Bauer wrote:
>> now that I fell so much in love with gEDA and GnuCap alike - I've
>> created a little tutorial for total beginners about both. I hope you
>> enjoy it.
>>
>> http://johannes-bauer.com/electronics/
>
> Nice. Can you please also publish the PartSweep script?

Sure, it is already there in the examples pacakge at
http://johannes-bauer.com/electronics/gnucap-example-jb.tar.bz2 - don't
expect too much, as your work...

> I'm using python for netlist and schematic manipulations, too.
> I've used the python modul string.Template to manipulate the
> netlist.

...is *far* more impressive. Actually I've thought about programming
something which would do some kind of genetic algorithm or maybe use
simulated annealing to achieve certain goals - but it looks like you've
done the job already. I'll definitely look into it!

> Here's my summary on how to use python and spice for circuit
> optimization.
> http://www.h-renrew.de/h/python_spice/de.html

Oh, you'll be disappointed when you see how I parse the spice files...
it's basically some .lstrip().upper().startswith() clauses combined with
regexes - there's prettier code :-)

Kind regards,
Johannes