Re: gEDA-user: Using tragesym with Emacs org-mode tables almost successful

Hi there,

On Dienstag, 15. Juli 2008, Csányi Pál wrote:
> I tried to use tragesym with my favorite text editor Emacs.
> I'm using org-mode in Emacs in which one can to create tables.
>
> So I edited the tragesym template.src and made in it the tables for
> [options], [geda_attr] and [pins]. I saved the file as template.org .
>
> I fill the tables with approppriate values and saved it as
> dual_pho_tran_optocoupler.org .
>
> I send these tables in the same file to tab-separated lines.
>
> Finally I run tragesym on this file:
>
> tragesym dual_pho_tran_optocoupler.org dual_pho_tran_optocoupler.sch

> and I get an error message:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/geda-0.0.2/bin/.scripts/tragesym.py", line 586, in
> <module> opts,attr,pins=readsrc(file_in)
>   File "/usr/local/geda-0.0.2/bin/.scripts/tragesym.py", line 143, in
> readsrc
> geda_attr[(string.strip(element[0]),nr)]=string.strip(element[1])
> IndexError: list index out of range

You had lines in the attribute section that had only 1 element.
The elements are splitted either with the equal sign "=" or TAB.
If you look at one of your lines:
----
| version       | 20080127 1                                  |
| name          | MCT6                                        |
----
There's no tragesym seperator in it.

> I half solve the problem so so I edited again the template.org file
> and hash the beginning of the lines at on tables, the [geda_attr]
> tables. I send then again this table to tab-separated lines in the
> same file. Now I get the dual_pho_tran_optocoupler.sch file without a
> problem.
>
> Why get I this error message?

Your files contains lines that are not part of the file format
description. The org tables start with | and have no field delimiter.

If you like to use the org tables you've to mark them as comments (for
tragesym) and prefix them with "#".

Regards
Werner