Re: gEDA-user: stupid lead-free

On Sunday 27 July 2008, gene wrote:
>have you guys seen the 'tin-whisker' problem with lead free solder?

Yes, heck I've seen it with leaded solder.  The alloy RCA used to mount their tv
set PCB's to the chassis frames both fractured rapidly, and did that in as
little as 6 months to 5 years.  Poking at electronics for a living for nearly
60 of my 73 years, I guess that does date me a bit. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)