Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist missing features

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 11:08 -0700, John P. Doty wrote:

> You've told gnetlist to short PreAmpPD to 3.3V. What happens then is
> undefined. My experience is that gnetlist's behavior is difficult to
> predict in such cases: sometimes it chooses one net name over another,
> and sometimes it leaves the nets unconnected.

Yes, I got no connection when I did this long time ago. And I was
surprised. Not good for beginners.

> The question then is: what is a simple set of logical rules that should
> govern shorted nets?

I do not really know. I think there was the suggestion to generate a
virtual/hidden net name and connect the nets.

> The most pressing need here is for gnetlist to detect shorts and warn
> the user of their resolution.

Yes, a warning would be fine. Maybe gnetlist should connect the nets and

Best regards

Stefan Salewski