Re: gEDA-user: More robust support of multi-part symbols.

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
it may not be too difficult for a low time
> hacker like me. This is a list of sub goals for this little project:
>
> 1) gnetlist should look for a footprint in every instance of a refdes
>
> 2) add a known attribute "parts" that lists all symbols of a component
>   (should the entries in the list be separated by space, or something
>    more sophisticated?)
>
> 3) gnetlist should complain if the lists of attributes are inconsistent.
>
> 4) gnetlist should complain if there are different footprints present
>
> 5) gnetlist should complain if a component is not complete (part missing).
>
> 6) gschem should read the parts list and insert all parts at once.
>
> 7) auto number of gschem should keep multi-part symbols with the same
> refdes.

Sounds good.  I'll help look it over as you go so I can get better at gnetlist scheme
for my project to add to gnetlist-verilog testing and usability for gnucap input from schematics.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX