Re: gEDA-user: gerbv-2.3.0 released

     <[1][2]dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

   >    wrote:
   >
   >    Mark Rages wrote:
   >    > What is the likelihood of moving --photo-mode from pcb to gerbv
   >    where
   >    > it belongs?
   >
   >      don't know about *moving* it.  I'm certainly not opposed to
   >      *adding* it
   >      to gerbv though.  I guess I'd have to do some reading of the
   code
   >      to see
   >      exactly what photo-mode is doing though.  Also I'm not that
   >      familiar
   >      with how much of the drawing part of gerbv works.  Patches are
   >      always
   >      welcome.
   >
   >    Can PCB plot gerber files from the command line? If not I would
   rather
   >    not
   >    see the --photo-mode removed. I use this mode from the command
   line
   >    all the time (thanks Ben and DJ). When I need to email a snapshot
   of a
   >    layout I type in pcb-pic and the script outputs top and bottom
   jpegs
   >    that I attach. It is nice to type in a single command rather than
   >    multiple menus
   >    to plot gerbers.

     Don't worry, I have no intention of removing photo mode from pcb.
     Thats
     why I said I have no objections to adding to gerbv but I do object
     *moving* (implying removal from pcb) it to gerbv
     btw, pcb of course can export RS-274X straight from the command
     line and
     gerbv can plot to pdf, png, postscript from the command line as
     well.  I
     can't take credit for any of those features but I'm a big fan of
     supporting command line operation.

   Thanks DJ and Dan. I had thought that because of dialog boxes
   exporting
   some file types from the command line were not possible. Happy to
   be wrong.
   (* jcl *)

   --
   You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.
   [3]http://www.luciani.org