Re: gEDA-user: PCB: May inserting new layers destroy my layout?

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 17:04 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> The only bug I know of involves moving thermals on vias to the new
> layers.  You could build the latest git version just for this
> operation.

OK, now I remember the old bug:

I guess it is fixed for version 20081128.

> Of course, save a backup copy of your board *anyway*.

Sure -- but some bugs may hide itself, maybe until gerber export.
To be safe I may export gerbers before and after I insert new layers and
compare the gerbers. But of course the gerbers may be identical, while
PCB operation fails after insertion of new layers. It's a dangerous
world...