gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

As you probably know by now, I try to improve the way gnetlist handles
multi part symbols. As a first step, the list of symbols is sorted
according to refdes. Next would be a merge of symbols with the same
refdes. This would also be the right place to check for conflicting
definitions of pins and attributed.
The data structure in the list contains not only attributes and pins, but
also the graphics of the symbol. This graphics information will be lost
on merge.

Obviously this does not affect the pcb back-end, which doesn't care for
the symbol graphics in any way. Is this true for all back-ends? If not, I
have to come up with some more sophisticated way to deal with multi part
symbols.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak