gEDA-user: Running a mixed analog and digital simulation possible?

Hi,

I have been searching a bit on the net to try to find out if it is
possible to run a mixed-signal simulation with open-source tools. So
far I have mostly been using digital VHDL only and I find that the
VHDL path is not there yet. Icarus seems to have some Verilog-AMS in
place, and it seems like gnucap is used as the back end. Anybody has a
pointer to a HOWTO for VAMS with icarus and gnucap?

A different thing is the mixed-signal simulation. So far the
commercial tools I have used use some kind of interface blocks between
analog domain and digital domain and run an analog and a digital
simulator in parallel to speed up the digital part. Is something like
this available in the open-source domain?

Nanosim seems to have a different approach: The accuracy is adjusted
down for digital parts to lower the computing while keeping analog
parts decent and both run in the same simulator.

I only have access to commercial grade digital simulators, but would
like to widen my horizon into mixed-signal.

--
Svenn