gEDA-user: multi-part symbol support

It took me quite a while to flex my hacking muscles. Anyway, finally my
little hacking project reached a stage that actually represents an
improvement:

When dealing with footprints my local version of gnetlist does not care
for the order of symbols anymore. If there is a set of symbols with the
same refdes, only one needs to bear a footprint attribute. It doesn't
matter which one. The generic case is symbols with power pins split to a
separate power symbol.

In addition, gnetlist detects if there are different footprints attached
to a single refdes and warns accordingly.

Unlike what I had in mind last week, this this not achieved by merging
symbols in the internal representation. Instead, gnetlist copies the
footprint attribute to all symbols with the same refdes. So no data is
lost during this additional preprocessing stage.

I'd like to see this bug fixed in the main distribution of geda, too.
How would I go ahead? Should I send the patch files to this list for a
review? Or should I attach them to a bug report?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: