Re: gEDA-user: how close to place components?

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 02:04:13 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> One problem: I have not much room for the refdes.

Me too! :-)
My boards tend to be as small as possible.
see http://lilalaser.de/blog/?p=96
That's why I my footprints consistently put the text to the middle of the
footprint. My preferred board fabs don't complain about silk on pads and
pins. They just remove the offending lines (no extra charge). Text on top
of the footprints also improves readability of the layout print-out for
prototype population and tweaking.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak