Re: gEDA-user: comments in gaf source

Hi Ethan and all,

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 08:10 -0400, Ethan Swint wrote:
> > For some time there are Doxygen developer docs based on the git repo for
> > pcb to be found here:
> >
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/pcb-doxygenation/dox_pcb/index.html
> >
> > I'm currently looking into how much disk space my ISP has left me and
> > how much disk space it would take for the Doxygen developer docs for
> > gaf.
> >
> Thank you very much!
>
> -Ethan

One can use the link below to find the files I use for generating the
Doxygen documents on my local workstation.

http://github.com/bert/pcb-doxygenation/tree/master

Remember that this requires Doxygen (version >= 1.4.6) and the dot tool
(version >= dunno ?).

BTW: I'm still working on a method to automate the updating process for
these Doxygen docs by means of the crond and some scripts for
creating/uploading.

I would like to use the "git-describe" command to generate a label to
identify on which commit the documents are based upon, instead of the
"git-yyyymmdd" label I now manually apply.

Caveat: git-describe does not give valid output for the pcb git repo,
possibly because of lightweight tags imported from cvs.

With "normal" git tags the label would look something like:

"0.0.9-405-g422f045"

Explanation:

<tag> - <number of commits after the tag was issued> - <abbreviated
object name for the commit itself>

My EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.